Peshawari chappal design
Peshawari Chappal is a traditional footwear style originating from the city of Peshawar in Pakistan. These sandals are known for their simple yet distinctive design. Here are the key features of the Peshawari Chappal design:
- Material: Peshawari Chappals are typically made from high-quality leather. The leather can vary in color, ranging from brown to black, and can be decorated with various embellishments and embroidery.
- Sole: The sole of a Peshawari Chappal is flat and sturdy, making it comfortable for walking. It’s usually made from a thick piece of leather or rubber, and some modern versions may have more cushioning for added comfort.
- Straps: Peshawari Chappals have two or more leather straps that crisscross over the foot. These straps are designed to hold the foot in place while providing a secure fit. The straps are often adorned with intricate embroidery or threadwork, which adds to their appeal.
- Toe Ring: A distinguishing feature of the Peshawari Chappal is the toe ring. There is usually a loop or ring attached to the strap that goes over the big toe. This helps to keep the sandal securely on the foot.
- Decorations: Traditional Peshawari Chappals are often decorated with intricate hand-stitched embroidery. The patterns can vary, and some common designs include geometric patterns, floral motifs, or even small mirrors (known as “shisha” work). These decorations are typically done in contrasting colors to create a visually appealing look.
- Color: Peshawari Chappals can come in various colors, but brown and black are the most common choices. However, modern variations may offer a wider range of color options to suit different tastes.
- Unisex: Peshawari Chappals are unisex and are worn by both men and women. The design is versatile enough to be paired with traditional clothing like shalwar kameez or with more contemporary outfits.
- Comfort: Despite their simple design, Peshawari Chappals are known for their comfort and durability. The flat sole and soft leather make them suitable for long walks and everyday wear.
- Variations: Over time, there have been variations in the design of Peshawari Chappals. Some modern versions may incorporate additional features like buckles or Velcro straps for ease of wearing.
Peshawari Chappals have gained popularity in Pakistan and other parts of the world as a stylish and comfortable footwear option. They symbolize traditional craftsmanship and culture, and their timeless design continues to attract people from various walks of life.